My name is Davide Brocchi. I am a sociologist working as freelance researcher, author, consultant and activist in sustainable transformation processes. My PhD was at the Department of Cultural Policy of the University of Hildesheim. I was born in 1969 in Rimini, in 1992 I moved to Germany and since 2007 I live in Cologne.
My main focuses in theory and practice are:
- the social and cultural dimension of (un)sustainability;
- comunication, cooperation and organisation in diversity (in neighbourhoods, among different sectors, public-citizen-partnerships…);
- transformation towards sustainability as participative process in the local and out of the local.
I have conceived and developed various initiatives and projects:
- the »Festival of Cultures for Another World« (2003, Düsseldorf) and the international art exhibition »Subkulinaria«;
- the nationwide networks »Kulturattac« (2003) and »Cultura21« (2005);
- the local movements »Agora Cologne« (Agora Köln) and »Good Life in Berlin« (Gutes Leben Berlin);
- the annual »Day of the Good Life« in Cologne (since 2012) and in Berlin (since 2020).
In addition to social sciences, I studied politics, psychology and philosophy, among others with Prof. Umberto Eco at the University of Bologna.