My name is Davide Brocchi. I am a sociologist working as freelance researcher, author, consultant and activist in sustainable transformation processes. My PhD was at the Department of Cultural Policy of the University of Hildesheim. I was born in 1969 in Rimini, in 1992 I moved to Germany and since 2007 I live in Cologne.
My main focuses in theory and practice are:
- social and cultural (un)sustainability (social inequality, commons, learning processes, cultural ecology…)
- comunication, cooperation and organisation in diversity
- transformation towards sustainability as participative process in the local and out of the local (empowerment, new alliances, citizen-public partnerships, democracy…)
I have conceived and developed various initiatives, living labs and projects:
- the annual »Day of the Good Life« in Berlin (2017 – 2020) and in Cologne (2011 – 2015)
- the local transformative movements »Good Life in Berlin« (2019) and »Agora Cologne« (2012)
- the international art exhibition »Subkulinaria« (2008, Cologne) and the »Festival of Cultures for Another World« (2003, Düsseldorf)
- the nationwide cultural networks »Cultura21« (2005) and »Kulturattac« (2003)
In addition to Social Sciences and Cultural Policy, I studied Politics, Psychology and Philosophy at the Universities of Bologna (Prof. Umberto Eco) and of Düsseldorf.